Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have input into the design of my website?
How long will my project take?
There are 5 steps in the website creation process.
1. I will gather information from you about what you want from your website and how you would like it to look.
2. I will design your site and layout and send it to you for review. We will review and revise it until you are completely happy with it.
3. Once you are happy with the design, I will build your website.
4. You will review the website. If there is anything that needs tweaking, we will make changes before the site goes live.
5. Launch and Training. We will bring the website live and I will show you how to make edits to your website.
This entire process can take as little as a week, or much longer depending on the size of your website and the number of revisions required.
What will you need from me in order to create my website?
You will need a domain name. If you do not already have one, I can help you with this.
Next, you’ll need logos, content, images and video. All of this information must be either your original content or you must own the rights to it. I can be as involved as you would like in writing the content for your website, and can provide stock photos if you do not have your own.
I will also need your input regarding your tastes and what you want your website to accomplish.
Do you only work with local preschools?
No, I work with preschools throughout the United States. The entire process can be completed through phone, email, Skype, GoTo Meeting, etc.
Do you host email services?
I do not host email services, but I can set you up with free or very reasonably priced email depending on your needs.
Do you provide ongoing support for my website?
Yes, I am here for you! I will take care of hosting, domain name registration, security updates and installation, regular back ups, as well as updates to your website’s content.
Can I maintain/update my website myself?
Yes. I recommend that you have a professional take care of security and software updates, back ups, and hosting because of the potential to “break” your website if you don’t do them correctly, but it it is completely up to you. I will provide written documentation and training to guide you through making simple content changes (text, images, etc). If you would prefer to focus on your business and have me take care of this for you, I am happy to do so.
How does your payment process work?
For website development, I require 50% in advance and 50% when your project is complete and your website goes live.
For website maintenance, month to month plans are billed monthly and annual plans are billed for the year in advance.